- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp fines herb mix (parsley, chives, savory, tarragon and chervil)
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 3/4 cup vital wheat gluten
Get water steaming in your steamer.
1. Blend all ingredients except the wheat gluten in a blender (I use a VitaMix); process until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl. Add gluten and mix on low with a dough hook until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is very porous.
2. Shape dough into a log and wrap in heavy duty foil like a tootsie roll. Steam for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees in the last 15 mins of steaming. Remove seitan from steamer and bake for 45-60 mins. Seitan should swell and press against the foil.
4. Cool and slice as needed for sandwiches. This seitan holds up very well and can be shaved very thin. Store in the fridge.
Thanks VeganDad for great cooking instructions. . .