Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dinner with a Fun Gi!




I didn't take any pretty pictures of this meal (I think my pics are getting a little better)  but I wish I had.  It was an attractive mouthful.  Pasta, veggies, pesto;  what's no to like?

STEP 1:
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced fine
200g cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 oz red wine
small bunch parsley, chopped fine

Heat oil in a saute pan.  Saute onions until they become transparent.  Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they are slightly browned.  Add red wine and cook down until the alcohol aroma has disappeared.  Remove from heat.  When slightly cooled, toss with parsley.

STEP 2:
pinch salt
I head broccoli, stems chopped small, separated from florets
1 box penne

Heat water as directed on the pasta package.  Salt the water add broccoli stems, cooking for three minutes.  Add florets and pasta, and cook as per package directions, or until desired pasta tenderness is reached.  Strain, but do not rinse.

STEP 3:
Pesto of your choice ( I used sundried-tomato, homemade), diluted with a little extra olive oil. I used about 1/3 cup total.

In a large serving bowl, place some of your pesto mixture - about a third of whatever you will be using.  Add strained pasta mixture to the bowl.  Top with mushroom mixture and remaining pesto.  Toss and serve.  Oops, I forgot to add, I topped mine with some sliced of pan-fried tofu and "almesan".

Leftovers:


No comments:

Post a Comment