This soup is so tasty! Hearty and healthy and only 5 points per cup for Weight Watchers followers!
4 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onion(s), diced
6 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
1 cup(s) celery, finely diced
|1 cup(s) carrot(s), peeled and finely diced|
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp homemade chili sauce (bottled is fine)
1 cup beluga lentils (parboiled)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 large can of diced tomatoes
6 cups vegetable broth
2 cups green beans, sliced to about 3/4 inch
pinch sea salt
1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook for 1 minute to coat vegetables in oil.
3. Stir in cinnamon, coriander and curry. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add lentils, tomato paste and flour. Stir for a few minutes to cook the flour.
5. Add diced tomatoes, then vegetable broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
6. Cook for 15 minutes; when lentils are soft and nearly cooked, add the green beans. Cook for another 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Add salt to taste.
7. Remove from heat and serve.