Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breadmaker Stuffing Bread

I'm going to try one of VeganDad's vegan roasts, so I thought I'd create a stuffing bread to make my job easier.  This loaf turned out light, airy and aromatic - just as I was hoping.  It was made using my *antique* Sanyo Bread Factory, so if your machine is different, I cannot be held responsible for the results.  Sure smells good!  Hopefully the roast will be the next post.

Add ingredients to machine in this order:

3 3/4 C all purpose, never bleached flour
2 tsp dry active yeast
1 1/2 tsp raw cane sugar
1/2 tbsp kosher sea salt
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried savory
1 tsp rubbed sage
1/8 C non-hydrogenated vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
3/4 C lukewarm water
1/2 C soymilk

Set your machine to BAKE and walk away!  Your bread will be ready in just over 3 hours!  I am using this loaf for stuffing, but it would be a great addition to any savory sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment