Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Brunch Apple "Jacks"


Good Morning! Well, it's better after eating a small stack of apple drenched flapjacks! These pancakes were great and the toppings were even better.

Ingredients:
(for the pancakes)
1 can coconut milk
1 large ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 C all-purpose flour
2/3 C quick-cooking oats
3tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp ground cinnamon(for the toppings)
apple sauce - (I made mine with apples, water to cover and a dash of cinnamon)
vanilla soy yogurt
toasted pecans


In a food processor or blender, blend the banana, vanilla and coconut milk until smooth. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add to wet mixture. I mixed mine pretty well. Fry the pancakes on a prepared griddle (I used canola oil) on medium-high heat, flipping only when the top is very bubbly. Stack the pancakes, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!

PS> with homemade chunky applesauce, you won't even need syrup!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! Just to check, is the ground cinnamon for the pancakes or topping? I'm confused...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work Apple jacks

    ReplyDelete